Before you – virtual HISTORY OF ŠIAULIAI CITY from prehistoric times to present.
Use this website wherever you are – at home or on the road, using a computer or browsing a smartphone! Share „History of Šiauliai“ on Facebook or Twitter, comment, leave feedback – let’s continue and create this city’s history together.
Siauliai city history is divided into 13 chronological chapters according to historical periods and important phenomena, events caught up in theme 41. Visual attractiveness is created by over 200 photos from Šiauliai „Aušros“ Museum Collections, Šiauliai Tourism Information Center and Šiauliai City Municipality Archives, projects, Šiauliai photographers. Virtual History was created with the license of „Time Travel – Timeline WordPress“.
USING THE SITE:
To realise the project, Šiauliai tourism information center was helped by Šiauliai „Aušros“ museum specialists and was advised by the historians of Šiauliai University. Culture project was financed by Šiauliai City Municipality.
Travel through centuries of Šiauliai city history!
Tel. no.: +370 41 523 110
Address: Vilniaus g. 213, Šiauliai
- History of The Šiauliai City (49)
- Prehistoric Times (4)
- In the 13th Century, the Land of Šiauliai Appears in the World History (3)
- 14th-15th Centuries – a Changeable Period: between the State Defence and Christianity Light (3)
- Formation of Šiauliai Settlement in the 16th Century (1)
- The Beginning of Šiauliai City of the 17th Century (2)
- Šiauliai of the 18th Century in the Vortex of the Great City Reforms (3)
- Šiauliai of the 19th Century and the Beginning of the 20th Century in the Grip of the Russian Empire (7)
- Šiauliai in the Years of the First World War (1)
- Šiauliai in the Years of Freedom (6)
- Šiauliai in the Years of the Second World War (2)
- The Consequences of the Second World War (2)
- Šiauliai in Postwar Period (5)
- Šiauliai at this time (1)
- Siauliai streets tell their stories (8)